I’m passing this around, in case any greenies are so inclined & qualified.
Lecturer in Peace and Conflict Studies (Confirmation Path)
National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies
Applicants should possess a PhD in Peace and Conflict Studies or a cognate discipline, and have an established or emerging track record of systematic research and publication. They should also have teaching experience at the tertiary level. Given that Peace and Conflict Studies is a new programme, candidates should be able to demonstrate skills in academic curriculum development as well.
The successful candidate:
* Will have a research background in peace and conflict studies with a significant number of peer reviewed publications. Some preference will be given to those with advanced knowledge in conflict analysis and resolution.
* Will contribute to the research environment by developing/contributing to local and international research groups, by attracting postgraduate students, and by competing successfully for research funding.
* Will be expected to teach two postgraduate courses per year in the area of Peace and Conflict Studies and to supervise 400-level Honours, Masters and PhD students.
* Will contribute to the administration and development of the Centre in particular, and the Division of Humanities and the University of Otago in general.
The position is available from 1 June 2010 and it is hoped that the successful applicant can commence duties as soon as possible around that time.
Specific enquiries may be directed to Professor Kevin P Clements, Director, National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies,
Tel 03 479 4546, Fax 03 479 8084,
Applications quoting reference number A09/163 close on Friday 22 January 2010.
Job Description: You can download the Lecturer in Peace and Conflict
Studies (Confirmation Path) job description (12 KB in PDF format) at
Application Forms: Download the Application Form in PDF format at
or MS Word format at
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Download the EEO Form in PDF
or Rich Text Format (RTF) at
Prior to applying for any academic staff vacancy, applicants should also read:
* Application Information for Academic Staff at
* Information for Applicants for Academic Posts and Conditions of Appointment at