Act MP David Garrett (aka The Garotte) seems to have survived well beyond the three strikes he promotes.
Today he is reported as making sexually inappropriate comments to a female Act Parliamentary staffer.
That is on top of another incident, related to me a couple of weeks ago by a Green Party Parliamentary Service staffer. The staff member reports that he had just arrived at Parliament carrying a suitcase with a Wellington airport destination tag still attached. The staff member advises me he and Garrett shared a lift from the ground floor of Bowen House, and Garrett, whom he had never spoken with before, out of the blue commented:
You wouldn’t have got that on as cabin baggage, would you. Because you’re not a Polynesian who can get away with pretending to not speak English!
How many strikes does this guy Garrett get?
- Drunkenly equating homosexuals with paedophiles on Eye to Eye.
- Promoting a Bill that the Attorney General considers to be in breach of the Bill of Rights Act.
- Having the same Bill criticised by the United Nations Human Rights Council as likely to violate two human rights conventions.
- Caught out lying in his claim that 77 lives would have been saved if his Three Strikes Bill had been in force. Official information responses from the Corrections Department reveal there would have been none.
- Racist comments to a Green Party staffer.
- Sexual harrassment of an Act Party Staffer.
He’s got at least 6 strikes now. So come on Rodney – how come you are just saying you “hoped the incident would not lead to the end of Garrett’s career as a member of Parliament.”?
Isn’t it time to get rid of this guy?