I’ll write more about this later in the week, but I figured a bit of PR before the event can’t go amiss.
We’re discussing the food budget, food security issues, and perennials like GE, organics, and safe food issues around battery hens, sow-crates, and food labelling. All while we do a bit of a shop, out in Kilbirnie. (#3 bus route, for those similarly vehicle-challenged!).
And a shout-out to Rongotai Greens, I’d love to see a few of you here, too, as well as at the Bar Edward meet-ups!
[Thanks to Cath McElwaine at Bowen for the spreading the message my way.]
*An invitation to *
*‘SHOPPING WITH SUE’*
Take a tour of a supermarket with me, Sue Kedgley Green MP, where I will answer questions on issues such as:
– how to become a more conscious, ethical consumer
– how to read and understand nutrition labelling
– how to avoid purchasing foods that may contain GE ingredients
– how to identify cruelty free products
– how to purchase locally grown New Zealand products
– additives to avoid
*Thursday 21st August 2008*
*2.00pm to 3.00pm*
*78 Rongotai Road*
Here’s some more pix:
There’s an extended version of this over on my wordpress blog, a habit I’ll probably stick with, just to keep the other page interesting. C’mon over sometime!